How do you decide when to start trying again especially if you've had problems getting pregnant.

Sorry if that's worded weird. We've had issues getting pregnant with both kids, DS took about 18 months to conceive and DD took a bit over 2 years. I'm not in a huge hurry to get pregnant again but it worries me that last time we started ttc when DS was 4 months and ended with an age gap of almost 3 years and DD is already 9 months. No baby fever just mild worrying. I'm not sure if I want to get to baby fever again because it sucks to be desperate and trying to force your body to do things. Clomid makes me cry enough without getting to where I'm sobbing at every baby I see.
If you had these kind of issues what did you do? How do you decide when to start trying again even if you didn't have issues?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2013 in General Parenting

• I know how un-fun those issues are, especially when it feels like everyone around you can get pregnant without even giving it a thought. I guess you start trying when you decide it won't be a disaster if your body pulls a fast one on you and you conceive the first month you don't use birth control.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Some time not even worrying about getting pregnant. Just have fun sex. No BC. Might help.

Answer by louise2 at 7:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• If you are that concerned then go & see a Reproductive Specialist who's job it is to get you pregnant not a regular OBGYN who are novices in that field of expertise. You are just wasting precious time by having a regular OBGYN TRY to help you. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Is your heart set on having one more? I would say that you might as well start trying now, did both kids require help to get here?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• I think 2kids is correct here. If you had that much trouble and you want another, NOW is the time.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2013