Any good SAFE facewash to use while pregnant.

Hi im about 15 weeks pregnant with my first child and my face is starting to break out with a bunch of whiteheads?!!
I was using clearasil but the kind I have has salicylic acid in it and ive been reading that its not good to use (mainly orally, mine was gel but I rather not use it now) but I was wondering what type of facewashes other mothers used during their pregnancy that seemed to help. :)

britbear1993

Asked by britbear1993 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Yes to Tomatoes is a good choice.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• the kind I have has salicylic acid in it and ive been reading that its not good to use (mainly orally, mine was gel but I rather not use it now)

You Do know what orally means right? It means to ingest it by way of mouth, so as long as you were not eating your face wash you would be fine. Salicylic acid is only a concern if you're going to leave something on your face for an extended period of time such as with a mask of facial peel. Frankly I just used good ole fashion soap and water and never had an issue.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• The absorbtion rate is so low you have no legitimate reason to worry.

No studies have been conducted in pregnancy on topical use; however, as such a relatively small proportion is absorbed through the skin, it is unlikely to pose any risk to a developing baby.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Orally? Why would you use your face wash orally?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• no I was saying that salicylic wasnt good to use MAINLY orally...they have pills you can take....i wasnt saying I was using it orally just that ive read its not good when you do, and that it still made me un easy putting it on my skin because I was using a gel that you put on and dont wash off, it gets absorbed thru the skin...But thats not the point I dont want to use it anymore even if not alot gets absored, all I was asking is what other mothers had used....
    britbear1993

Comment by britbear1993 (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• No Accutane. That's off limits. But I never changed form my regular routine. There's no need to.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• I rotated between Clean & Clear and Olay.

• If you want to go the all natural route, an oatmeal mask might help.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• I was asking is what other mothers had used....

Depends on the demographics- a lot of moms do not worry about, "What could happen". Some moms, the crunchy set, use only natural.

In this section we dont have a lot of crunchy moms. There are however, groups for crunchy moms.

If you are very concerned one option is a paste of baking soda for scrubbing. You could also use egg whites as a peel.

Just google natural skin care for products out of the kitchen.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• I never changed my routine. But I do have sensitive skin, and now I use Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin facial wash. I'm pretty sure there's no salicylic acid in it, it's something like 99% natural ingredients.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2013