What can I go to school for and make some decent money?

I'm wanting something that I can do at a tech school or within 2 years. I live in Idaho. I don't mind hard/boring work I just need something reliable for a few years.

kelseyrae622

Asked by kelseyrae622 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 5, 2013 in Money & Work

• It depends on what you are interested in doing
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• I'm interested in Veterinary Medicine but to really succeed with that you need many years of schooling so I'm trying to find something in the medical field without going into Nursing. I'm looking into Administrative Medical Assistant courses at Milan Institute but I don't know if its a good job to go into. I'm not really sure what I'm interested in but I'm always okay with checking out options if you have suggestions.
    kelseyrae622

Comment by kelseyrae622 (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• There are fairly short programs for phlebotomy--drawing blood--and that pays decent money.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:21 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Phlebotomy wouldn't be bad actually :) Do you know of any good online schools that would be along the same lines as what I'm looking for?
    kelseyrae622

Comment by kelseyrae622 (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Have you looked into a vet assistant/technician?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• not really sure you could take phlebotomy online

just be careful with schools- make sure whatever one you pick has proper accreditation for what you want to do in the end. I was going to go for mediacal assistant when we lived in Utah and of the schools I checked into- only ONE had the accreditation I would have needed to get certified
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:30 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Get the catalog for your local community college and look at what certificate programs they offer. Then Google those careers that interest you and see what the typical pay is. Many of these courses are available online and then others you need to go to the school itself.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 6:58 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Vet tech or any of the medical assistant jobs aren't bad but you'll need to go through a program. Why not nursing? There is pretty good money in nursing and they are needed all the time.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Nursing

Answer by louise2 at 8:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• X ray tech or biopharmaceutical technology. The 2nd isn't medical exactly but you take a lot of the same courses - organic chem, microbiology, etc

Answer by missanc at 10:53 PM on Aug. 5, 2013