University of Phoenix?

Is this school reliable, credible, and worth it?

kelseyrae622

Asked by kelseyrae622 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2013 in Money & Work

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• In short, NO. Stay far far away from University of Phoenix online and well any major online college that advertises through google ads etc. Best bet is visit your local college and see what courses they offer online.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• My Brother in Law has a degree from the University of Phoenix and makes over $100,000 a year and spends most of the day at work on Facebook. It worked for him!
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 6:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• I know people who have used it, but had a hard time getting a job. It is not recognized as legit by a lot of companies. Better to go to a brick and morat accredited school.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 6:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Waste of money, and in many states not even accredited, so you spend all the money, take out all the loans, then find out your degree essentially does not exist.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• I agree with all but ChasingBridges whose BIL plays all day. ^
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• I'd be very cautious. There's a similar but smaller college where I live. It has a small campus and offers a lot of classes online. It caters to working adults with certificate programs and 4yr degrees. The certificate programs aren't worth their cost because the cost may be over $10,000 or $15,000 but the job, for example, pharmacy tech, only pays barely over minimum wage. You can be a pharmacy tech without the certificate and the debt. Just do your research and look into your local community college.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:48 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Okay thank you! Do you have any suggestions for decent colleges with online programs? There are very few over here so anything helps. I would google it but sometimes I find word of mouth to be more reliable. The school just needs some good accreditation
    kelseyrae622

Comment by kelseyrae622 (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2013