Emergancy question about female cat

I just had my female fixed last Tuesday I just went to pick her up and it looks like her incesion has opened a bit, and I can see what looks like to be her intestin or something. Have you ever had a cat do that? I'm trying to get a hold of my vet.

Catrin2009

Asked by Catrin2009 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pets

• wow its already been a week honey? Id def have it checked out but after a week that doesn't seem right or did you mean last Tuesday as in yesterday?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• She was fixed last Tuesday on the 10th
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Just got back from the Vet's he gave her a antibiotic shot, and said that she had a slight infection and that she would heal and to watch her extra extra carefully. Which we had already done. I feel bad cause I don't know how she got the infection. And I feel guilty cause one of the places she hangs out is the spare room and it's full of boxes and stuff as we are getting ready to get rid of stuff, Hubby said that she might of got caught on one of the boxes. As she was playing. I have her in the Pet Taxi hoping she will just relax. And just mellow out.... Aghhh I feel so bad.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It's possible that it's a little gut, if that's the case and it's exposed to air to long she could die. it is more likely though that she got an infection and it got so bad that it swelled to the pint of popping open a stitch. Does the area feel hot? Regardless of which it is I would harass that vet until he calls you back...NOW!

babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• well good!!! Keep us posted...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i would say try and keep her in her pet taxi for a while just so she isnt running around or rubbing against the wrond things my sis in law is a vet she says to get a hold of your vet ASAP and try to keep her from running around to much she could really hurt herself
    stacirios

Answer by stacirios at 12:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• if it is something exposed besides antibiotics the would needs to be cleaned and covered. It will continue to get infected if its exposed. Maybe take her to another vet. He doesn't sound too good.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Answered at 8:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 by: calliesmommie
    if it is something exposed besides antibiotics the would needs to be cleaned and covered. It will continue to get infected if its exposed. Maybe take her to another vet. He doesn't sound too good.

WHAT SHE SAID!
    babymomma0306

Answer by babymomma0306 at 2:32 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Pepper is doing really good, her surgical site is completely healed. By Friday it was looking much better, and Sunday was it was healed. She acted like nothing ever happened. And is still running around this house, like a mad women lol. I have to take another kitty to the vet today.. Poor Oreo.
    Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2009