Is there any way to dry a shower curtain liner?

It seems that thing stays wet all day. Am I supposed to be wiping it down to dry or just leaving the drips there? Same question for the walls of the shower. Are those supposed to be dried after use too?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2013 in Home & Garden

• My kids have a shower curtain and liner. I just replace the liner every month or two.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• wow girl! I keep my liners for years. If they get icky they just get sprayed with cleaner and rinsed.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• This is a darned if you do, darned if you don't thing. If you leave the curtain open so the stall/tub can dry, you wind up with a constantly wet curtain. I you close the curtain to give the curtain a chance to dry, your stall winds up staying wet.

I usually leave it open and wash the liner every few months.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 7:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• I try to spend as little time in my boys' bathroom as possible. I really only go in there about once a month, except to collect towels a few times a week.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Oh, and their curtain is always closed. We live in a dry climate, so it doesn't stay wet anyway.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• I make sure air can get into the shower at both ends and it always dries out by mid afternoon. I don't leave the curtain bunched up at one end, but spread it out with air being able to get in at the ends.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• If it starts getting moldy I just replace it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• It must be more of a problem in humid climates. Here, the shower liner and the inside walls of the shower just dry out by themselves. I don't think I've ever had a problem with mold on a shower liner.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Mine dries quickly. I've used cheap ones from Dollar Tree and expensive ones from department stores. I get the same results. Periodically I do spray them with Lysol. You can wash them in the washing machine. I only change them when I change the colors in my bathroom. I take it you don' t have a bathroom window you could open. You may try keeping the fan on for a while after a shower or set a fan in the hallway shooting air into the bathroom for a few minutes after the shower.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• hair dryer on the cool setting
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2013