Smothering

Well some of you know that I have agreed to have my cousin and her husband baby well it's going good so far the doctor said we are making progress well ever since the doctor visit my cousin comes out of nowhere almost everyday just to see am I doing okay or is the baby healthy right now we can't see if there is a baby inside of me yet so when I came home I saw that all her things were moved in my house my face was like this O.O I was in shock I understand that I am having her baby but at the same time I need my space I have talked to her about what she has been doing but she still doing it........Is there another way to stop the smothering?

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• Wow that was fast! I had no idea you could get pregnant so quickly with in vitro. Congratulations :)

I think you need to have a heart to heart with her. You probably should have done that long before now but I get it. Boundaries should probably be established fairly quickly. I'm sure you guys have some sort of legal documents correct? So, just handle this stuff much the same way
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• You're a surrogate for your cousin and you didn't expect that she will want to be over practically 24/7 to be involved in the process? It's her baby. Don't be surprised if she starts getting on your case for your eating habits either.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Hope in one hand.....s--- in the other./Answer by KristiS11384 11 minutes ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-p51fvYLc

One of the best comedic lines ever uttered in a movie! lol :p  And the perfect actor to say it :) 

AnywayOP- like the others have said, you just really have to put your foot down.  Tell her you need more space, & that smothering you is only going to cause you stress.  We all know stress isn't good for the baby.  GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• When she moved all her things in your house, does this mean her and hubby are moving in with you?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Hope in one hand.....s--- in the other.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Wow, that's a tough one. What happened when you told her before that she was smothering you?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:01 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• I'm sure with some good communication it will all work out. You are doing something very special for her, I'm sure they both really are excited. I have to admit when I first read this post I lol'd a tiny bit and thought she's going to go all Tina Fey in Baby Momma on you!!!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• So was this supose to happen? She move in with you? She is not worried about her DH?

Answer by louise2 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Why don't you inform her she need to go back to her DH/house. Tell her you understand you are having their baby. But you still have a life of your own.
    At least that is what I would say. And do. She would be gone.

Answer by louise2 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Hi - Firstly, I want to applaud you for such a kind and noble act for your cousin and her DH. Her behavior is understandable, mostly (but not the moving in away from her DH part - that I don't understand).

Her behavior is stressing you out. Stress is not good for the baby or you. You both need to communicate well with each other using kind and gentle words. Ask her what she's concerned about that makes her so clingy...

Best of luck!
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 10:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2013