Does getting deployed to a combat zone right after AIT school say anything positive about the newly graduated soldier?

mommylocs

Asked by mommylocs at 11:35 PM on Aug. 5, 2013 in Military

• No, it just means your MOS is needed.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Not really, nope. In some MOS it is typical.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:14 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• These different Military questions asking for information makes me nervous about OPSEC. We are always warned during FRG meetings about how "the enemy" will get on social network trying to get information. It starts out innocent and then can turn into something else. I have just been getting weird feelings these last couple Military questions that get asked and then deleted (not just today, but over the last month or so)
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• It says your dumb ass picked the wrong MOS.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:24 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• ROTFLMAO Rose!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Not special at all. Just means they need them.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:44 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Cassie I know what you mean. We have been having more people on here ask Military questions on here lately. The Military always tells us wife's to not talk about anything.

Don't understand why this person is asking such a specific thing like this?

Answer by louise2 at 8:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• It's typical but not special.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:44 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Hi and thank you everybody for answering this mother's nervous question, except for the 1 who referred to me and/or mine as a dumb***. I see some of the answers were a little suspicious of my question, but unfortunately, I'm just a really scared mom who just found out that my son has been deployed to A. I hear & see so much in the news and it's got me too scared to cry. I've been saying a TON of prayers, not only for my baby, but for all the mother's babies too. I keep my fears from my son, of course, and give him only positive and encouraging good wishes. This whole army culture is new to me and I didn't mean to sound naive about it, or ask the wrong thing, but I thought that new soldiers had to "prove" themselves in the States before they were deployed overseas (don't laugh too hard if it's a dumb assumption). Your kind answers -- minus 1 -- have settled my wandering imaginations down. Thank you.
    mommylocs

Comment by mommylocs (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Army mom here...my oldest has been deployed several times...remember NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS ,it is a mantra .If you don't hear from him no matter what his pattern might have been don't worry...easier said than done right ...but try.He could have pulled long shifts and be trying to catch up on zzzz's,he might be helping a buddy out ,there might be a wrestling ,bb, poker etc .etc game going and he is relaxing. You may want to look up OPSEC so you will be familiar with all of that

.My son's mos keeps him unable to text etc all the time but they love pkgs.For mine ,he likes to read ,I alternated boxes one a new bestseller in his favored genre, a good new dvd ,the next box a junk book from the library sale or halfprice books and a movie from the 5 dollar bin.He liked those because he just left them for anyone if he didn't want them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2013