How to get my water to pop?

I'm almost three weeks past my due date, I am only dilated to 4cm. My cervix is totally ready, I'm 50% effaced and nothing is happening. I will not let the hospital pop my water as that caused a lot of problems with my first child. I've tried walking, climbing the stairs, sex is out of the question as hubby is over seas, nipple stimulation has not helped and caster oil just made me sick. I don't know what else to do.

Huntersmommie86

Asked by Huntersmommie86 at 12:18 AM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You let your doctor induce you. Ask if you can have pitocin before they break your water. DON'T try to do it yourself.

What is your official due date?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:21 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• You leave it up to your Dr to pop it. If you are this far along then your O should have you scheduled to induce pretty soon.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:22 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I refuse to let them induce me. My official estimated due date was July 23rd. With my daughter the gave me Pitocin and not only did it do nothing for my labor but it made me sick for days afterward.
    Huntersmommie86

Comment by Huntersmommie86 (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• This better be a BS post... You can't be this stupid!! If you are your children should probably be taken away ASAP for their own safety... Sigh.....
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• July 23rd was only 13 days ago so how does that translate into 3 weeks past your due date?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• So either someone can help me figure out natural ways to jump start my labor or everyone can stop telling me I'm stupid and nit-picking. I said ALMOST three weeks. How in anyway was your comment helpful in giving me an answer to my question? And I'm sorry that I almost lost my first child because the hospital "helped" with my labor when I was a week past her due date and I refuse to let them "help" with this one because I know that it wont help.
    Huntersmommie86

Comment by Huntersmommie86 (original poster) at 12:33 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Then you are a fool. This is absolutely something that you need to deal with medically... With a trained medical professional. NOT strangers on the Internet that may or may not tell you to do something safe. The fact that you tried caster oil just screams irresponsible... And you think that was safer then something the hospital would do?? I fear for your children.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:41 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Well you have hit the wives tails ad the only other one ins a long trip over really rough roads with bad suspension.

I definitely think you aught to let the doctors help you with this
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• You wait for the baby to come on its own, and after a certain point that doesn't happen then you let the doctors induce you or you risk complications or possible c-section.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• You're not even 2 weeks. There are no "natural ways" to jump start your labor. It will happen if the baby is ready and if it doesn't you need to be induced before the placenta breaks down and the baby starts to lose weight. I'm not buying that you lost your first child as you go from talking about her in a present tense to saying she died...all in a knee-jerk reaction to people telling you to stop trying to self induce or break your own water.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2013