How do you know when you love someone?

I have been seeing someone for a few months and the more we hang out, the more closer I feel to him. Lately, the words "I love you" pop in my head but I don't know how I could love someone this early in a relationship. A part of me thinks I want to say it because I miss saying it (was with my ex-husband for 5 and a half years - said it every day for over 5 years of it). How do you know when you love someone?

****I do realize that this is an opinionated question so I am not looking for help. Would just like to hear what people have to say :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• Can you live without him?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Yes I can live without him but the only person I could not ever live without is my daughter. I'm not a dependent person.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Good, you're off to a good start then and not just some naive puppy.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I do not know how long you and you ex have been parted but it could be too soon and you just a feeling this way because you have a void that needs to be filled. If it is too soon I would suggest taking some time to just stand on your own an see how that feels before getting into another relationship. Giving yourself a little time can make all the difference between the right person and another mistake.

But understand this, Whether the marriage fell apart or not you felt lov for this man and in a way you may still. You know what it feels like. It is wonderful and terrifying. It is a quiet place you can run to inside yourself and the ability to shout to the sky. It is giggly and teary And it is a ton of bricks that sneaks up and drops on you. And you will know.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:32 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I really cannot compare my ex-husband to anything because it was a very unhealthy relationship and I'm not really sure I loved him. I've done A LOT of life altering changes since then.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Of course if you're the same op from this post

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1343834/Why_would_someone_joke_about_loving_someone?cat_id=&order=&next=11

you might want to re-evaluate those feelings. A month certainly isn't "eventually" 

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• @kristiS11384 - I'm confused. What do you mean by OP? I don't think I commented on that post.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• OP means original poster.....even if you didn't "comment" on it you certainly voted some answers up.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Ok gotcha. I guess I don't remember reading that one but I can see why I voted up some of those comments.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• How long has it been since you and your ex split up? After my divorce, I got into a relationship tha I quickly figured out was a rebound. I was emotionally using the guy I started dating as a stand-in for my ex, which wasn't fair to anybody. If you can look into your heart of hearts and honestly tell yourself you aren't doing that, that's a good sign.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:13 AM on Aug. 6, 2013