Is there a way to get fast cash?

I am in a bind. I had an unexpected bill I had to pay and now I don't have gas money or grocery money for two weeks!! I have a 2yr old. Yes, I am working. Does anyone know of any job I can do for cash??

awalsh0115

Asked by awalsh0115 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• not sure hwat skills you hae or what hobbys...

do you have anything you can pawn? We did that many times when we needed money for food or gas
    do you have anything you can just sell?

contact churches- they may be able to help with food
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:35 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• * what skills you have
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:36 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Can you borrow from a family member? Are you a member of a church or know where a church food pantry is?
    If not you call around to the churches and ask if you can cometo their food pantry or if they know where one is.
    Go there and they will help you wilth food at least.
    Fast cash is to sell something or sell blood (not my first choice) Can you do a garage sale kind of thing?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:37 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Plasma
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Can you baby-sit? Walk dogs or clean up after them? You could put up signs at churches or the local grocery sore. Do you have long hair you could sel? What aboug gold jewelry?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• like Ballad said, babysit, dog walking.. that sort of thing. Check and see if there is a local fb group for your area. We have one for our small town and there is always somebody looking for help with all sorts of odds and end things. Also go to www.care.com You can sign up for free and do babysitting, pet sitting, elderly care. People post looking for help there as well.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 1:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Pawn shop. We had an unexpected bill this week also. I sold 2 gold charms and a gold ring and got $140. Gold prices are up right now.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:02 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Pawn shop or plasma will give you enough for gas money, make do with food from food pantries (you can call 211, google them or call local churches until you find one - you may find a church also willing to help with gas?)

Answer by missanc at 9:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Borrow from family.
    Food banks for food.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• If you are this tight with money I would definately call social services to see if you could get set up with the food bank and or food stamps and other benefits. For fast cash is there a kid-to-kid around you? Its a kids consignment shop if you have old toys or clothes your child doesn't use anymore, they even take maternity stuff as well. Best of luck to you.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2013