Do you think wood paneling is dated...?

Or are you like me and think it looks homey? I love wood paneling. Reminds me of a cabin.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:26 AM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I've never really had it anywhere I've lived, but I don't see any problems with it. If you don't like the color, you can always paint over the top of it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• yes.. it is. I love antiques so that's me telling you straight up. Now.. if it's painted, that's not so bad but the typical 8ft sheets with the fake wood look is outdated for sure.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I can't see what it looks like, but a room with wood paneling feels different. Like there's a little less echo of sound or something, it's hard to explain. It sort of feels smaller.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:30 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Omg yes I HATE wood paneling. So glad they never used it in homes out here. Worst we have to deal with is cottage cheese ceilings.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Wood paneling is cheap looking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I'm not a huge fan. I prefer log walls, lol. But we have white wood paneling in our living room and it actually looks really good.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• have to say yes.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• It depends on what kind it is, I have seen it where I loved it, and then sometimes where I don't. I love the really thick shiny wood that is real paneling.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:43 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• There is wood paneling in our home. It was very dark. We painted it and it looks great now!
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 8:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I think it makes a room feel closed in and dark. I prefer light walls and a lot of windows. It I had paneling I would make the room feel bigger with mirrors, light colored curtains and floor coverings.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:52 AM on Aug. 6, 2013