Any gentle ways to get something out of my son's foot?

He's got a splinter or a little stone in his foot and he's a little dramatic. Will Epsom Salts drive it out?

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Kids' Health

• We always cover the splinter with duct tape & let them sleep with it on. In the morning, the splinter comes right out, attached to the tape. But that's only if he can stand it being in his foot until the tape works. :/
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 11:09 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• You can try a drawing salve. I have used it before and it works well to get splinters out.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:08 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

•  yes.

Just fill up a container of water, add a little bit of Epsom salt and soak the place you’ve got the splinter at. The salt will draw the splinter out naturally, making it a lot easier to get rid of.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Wow- where were you ladies all these years when I had to attack mine w/ tweezers & a needle?! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• where were you ladies all these years when I had to attack mine w/ tweezers & a needle?

I didnt even know you could use epsom salt until this post
    baby had a splinter in his foot the other day and we did the needle and tweezer thing
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Eh, needle is your best friend..... Of course, this is from a child of the 80's!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• If you end up having to do the needle and tweezers thing,have your son put an ice pack on his foot for ten or fifteen minutes before you attempt the extraction. The cold will numb his foot and the surgery won't be nearly as painful.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Drawing Salve it may take a few days and it does stink but works pain free.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Thank you everyone for your input!
    mlmsm928

Comment by mlmsm928 (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2013