And then we heard the sound of breaking glass...

DD was getting some stuff out of the fridge and the tempered glass shelf over the vegetable drawer shattered. No idea why.
We tossed apr. $20 worth of food.

She kept bemoaning all the wasted food. Like almost in tears :(
I kept reminding her:
a) it's only about $20
b) replacing it was cheaper than bowel re-sectioning

What's the last thing broken in your house?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 11:29 AM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I haven't broken anything In so long, I forgot.

Which means....

I will break something today, ill be back to tell you what lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:38 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• My alarm clock. And you know how freaked out I am about oversleeping!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:31 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• My front window. My 15 yo with autism broke our window a couple months ago. He was upset i was leaving and just doesn't know his own strength anymore. I'm grateful it just shattered and didn't fall out and cut him. He was stunned and very sorry it happened.

Answer by missanc at 11:41 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I collect wine glasses and broke my favorite one. :(
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 11:44 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Aww, I bet that scared her. And bless her heart for being worried about the food being thrown out. Glad no one was cut or hurt.

As to anything breaking here at our house, the only thing that comes to mind was when my son's hand when thru one of the panes of glass on our French doors. That did require a trip to the ER & stiches. Poor kid bled like a stuck pig & I about passed out! :p (AFTER we were safely placed in a treatment room of course! :p)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• my toe
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 11:48 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Tell your daughter it's definitely worth throwing out the food! I had a friend who ate at an Indian buffet-style restaurant once, and he didn't know that someone had dropped a stack of plates and glass shards had gotten into the serving trays. The restaurant should have taken down the whole buffet, but that didn't happen. He bled severely in the stomach and almost died, thankfully none of the glass slivers made it very far into his intestines before he got medical treatment.

That same shelf above the vegetable drawer shattered suddenly in my fridge about a year ago. I never did know why.

The latest thing that has broken in my house that I can think of offhand is my CafeMom coffee mug.

Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• My son knocked over a lamp and it got all bent up

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Our marble coffee table, I lifted the top and set it on the couch, and it broke right in half!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• My cat knocked a box of pottery off of a table. Of course it was the good stuff I was listing on etsy. Little Bastard!!!!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2013