Electric stoves: Do you like the smooth top? Worth the extra money? Self-cleaning or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I love them & they are so easy to clean. The oven is self-cleaning, but the top isn't. It's easy to get it to shine up real pretty tho. It's worth it in my book.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I loved my flat top until I found out I couldn't can on it. It was sooo much easier to keep clean. Then DH busted it and I went back to a coil top.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:55 AM on Aug. 6, 2013

• This is the first time I've owned one. I really like it. It is super easy to clean....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Ceramic top stoves are the bane of my existence. First of all, they're a BITCH to clean. Sure, you don't have to deal with removing burners but God forbid your pot of WATER boils over. It will burn and form a black crust. There are ways to remove it, but not without lots of scrubbing and careful scraping to make sure you don't scratch the surface. Plus they take FOREVER to heat up and it takes a lot longer to cook anything.

Nope, I miss our gas stove. Fast to heat, easy to wipe up and the burners lifted right up and were black hence they didn't stain!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I love my flat top, it's easy to clean
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Since I am no Chef, I love my flat top. It looks really cool. It's solid black & my decorative Teapot looks great displayed on it! LOL! Seriously, it cooks well for me but if I were really into cooking, nothing beats a gas stove. I think they all come with self cleaning ovens now.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Ours is part of the rental house and I liked it just fine until a bottle of hot sauce fell on it and cracked the cooktop. It would have cost $600 to replace so we just bought a new stove. The warranty from best buy doesn't cover a cracked cooktop. I'll never buy one if I don't have to.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I love my flat top. Easy to clean and heats up quick for me.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I love my flat top and wouldn't go back to a coil for anything. So much easier to clean and mine heats up pretty quickly.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• im torn, I hate my parents flat top but I also hate my coil so.....
    I will make hubs decide when we replace then I can blame him if I don't like it :P
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2013