What strange subject(s) have you become an expert on through work? (pt 2)

Was looking through old questions, and found this one I'd asked years ago, but most of the people who answered aren't here anymore. Interested to see which new answers we get.

I took a clerical job at a loan company when my husband went on disability. I worked my way up over the years, and by the time I left, I was an expert on repossession, skip tracing and collections and bankruptcy law. A friend of mine there was the same, she has a degree in theater, but she spends 2-3 days a week in court at hearings and can spot a legal error the attorneys miss.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't say I became an expert at anything. I have become knowledgeable on quite a few subjects, but wouldn't say expert at any particular one.

What's the saying "Jack of all trades, master of none."
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 1:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Designing intranet SharePoint workspaces for physicians. Never saw that one coming
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I am the Database Queen in my office. I've worked in analytics/reporting for many years, so I'm always digging in the data.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I wouldn't call myself an expert, but as a proofreader, I see a lot of English, math, history. I know loads of useless and oddball facts about history, especially U.S. history. Some of the most disturbing subjects I've done books on are memoirs from the Holocaust, and a lab manual about how to dissect a cat.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• For a while, golf tournaments! I was promotions director at a radio station and had to organize our annual tournament twice.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Antecedent behaviors in juvenile sex offenders....

I so didn't want to know.but it.came with the job
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Since I'm a stay at home mom, I haven't worked in forever, but being the wife of an Ag teacher, I can easily distinguish between different breeds of cow.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Calculating Jail time, taking depositions & finding errors in what a Judge can & cannot sentence a Prisoner to, Warrants & Extraditions & Interpreting bullshit & how to interpret Jive talk! The last was the hardest to accomplish. :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Colonoscopy prep... I worked at a surgery center and we did a lot of colonoscopies. From my time in the ER I know a lot about M1 (72 hr) holds and crazy people.

I also know a lot about health insurance, preauthorization, benefits, and talking to India to obtain all that information.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• "I also know a lot about health insurance, preauthorization, benefits, and talking to India to obtain all that information"

I like you
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2013