I am 34 weeks and 2cm dilated and the baby is breech. How long will it be before I go into labor?

I am 34 weeks, 2 cm dilated as of 3 to 4 days ago and the baby is breech (feet first). I have a feeling I am going to have a C-Section. Right now the baby is 4 lbs and 14 oz and I know the baby will be here when he gets here, but I am thinking it wont be long now. I am seeing my doctor again on Wednesday, so I can find out more then. I just want to know if anyone else has went through this that can help me please do!

Sierra1994

Asked by Sierra1994 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I was 2 cm dialated for a while. Sometime within the next 8 weeks is when you will likely go into labor. Also there can be some positioning that you can do that can help baby to turn. Maybe talk to your OB about that.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• There is no way for anyone to tell you this. More than likely within the next month
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I was at 2cm for quite awhile and then at 3cm for what seemed like weeks with my youngest two. And with my second, I was at 2cm at 35 weeks when the discovered that she was breech. They decided to turn her and then induced labor, so idk how long I would have been at 2cm.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Time will tell. Patience, patience, patience.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Your baby weighs 4 lbs and you have six week, theoretically, of pregnancy left. I hope it isn't soon.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• You still have another 6 weeks until your actual due date. The baby has plenty of time to turn still. And like others have said, you can be 2 cm dilated for weeks and not go into labor.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Your baby has 6 week to turn and drop. Before you go into labor.

Answer by louise2 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I was 2 cm dilated for 8 weeks. You still have plenty of time.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 3:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• not sure ,still have a while to go
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 5:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Breech is not a reason to go ahead and induce or do a C-section. In fact you could probably turn the baby before your due date.  http://spinningbabies.com/

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2013