Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How do I get my 27 year old out of my home?

He is very rude, loud, and I believe he is selling dope..He thinks he can do what ever he wants no matter what I say..He refuses to work or pay rent even though both of his brothers paid rent after they turned 18..Sometimes he really scares me with his temper. I have been called so many nasty names and lost so much stuff from my house since he has been here..I can't afford to replace everything that leaves here and all the stuff that he has broken because of anger.

Answer Question

Asked by stressedout54 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • Next time he leaves the home, change the locks, pack up all his stuff and sit it outside. If he becomes aggressive when he returns, contact the police and get a restraining order.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • I have an ungrateful, sloppy & unmotivated 22 y/o son he can have as a roommate! No, sorry, he has enough issues. But that was the 1st thing that came to mind when I saw the post.

    Give him written notice to get out. Next, a bill for the list of stuff he's broken. No one should have to put up with that kind of treatment. At his age, he'll have to grow up & get a life. He should be working & contributing. If you need law enforcement to help remove him, then do it. GL

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Where are you other children now? I think they need to tell him to get out of your home, and now, you said anger and dope dealing, I would call his cell, put his things on the porch, change the locks and ask for your other children's help in doing so.

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Umm pack his shit, set it outside. While you're packing have the locks changed.

    Answer by funlovinlady at 6:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Change the locks and pack his stuff.

    Answer by Dardenella at 6:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • "He thinks he can do what ever he wants no matter what I say"?

    Apparently he can.

    I'd follow the advice everyone has given you to this point

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • If he wont get out by the conventional means, go to the law. I bet if he has a court order t get out (and he is selling drugs) then he wont want the cops to come get him out.

    Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • what they all said!

    Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Actually legally in most states you cannot just put his stuff out and lock him out, even if he isn't paying rent. He has established legal residency and you would have to have him evicted. Meaning if you do that and he tries to press the issue you can get in trouble legally speaking.

    talk with his siblings and ask them for help, them backing you would may be all the push you need to "convince" him to leave on his own.

    Other then that give him notice to move out(written) and then proceed from there. If he get's violent call the cops.

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • I would give 30 days written notice and then change the locks and pack his things.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 7:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.