Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

i fell today and my instinct was to hold out my arm to catch myself.i cant stretch it out all the way and i cant fold it in you have an idea if its broken or just sprained


Asked by vanessaeram at 6:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 2 (9 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • You might have fractured something or partially dislocated it or torn a tendon/ligament. Your best bet is to go see a doctor and get it x-rayed. No matter what you want to get it taken care of.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Only Superman had X-Ray vision. If you've tried icing it & taking Motrin, then I would either go to an Urgent Care for an X-ray, or call your Dr. in the morning. GL

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Good chance you fractured something. Likely the olecranon from the sound of it. Go get an x-ray

    Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Most likely if you can bend it at all it isn't broken, but I don't claim to be a doctor, perhaps you should do what mrsmom suggested?

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Go get x ray
    Sounds broken to this non doctor

    Answer by fiatpax at 6:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Go get it looked at right away. Better to have it checked out and have it be nothing, than to ignore it and have it be fractured.

    Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Either way, it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out.

    Answer by ChasingBridges at 6:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • I am not sure why this is in tweens.
    If you can not move it as you said, I would get it checked out. If you can not move it without pain, I would wait about 24 hours and see if it eases up unless you feel the break in the bone.

    Answer by Dardenella at 6:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Go check it out none of us here can't help you with an arm we can't see......go see a doctor.....

    Answer by older at 6:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

  • Go to an urgent care clinic or to the emergency room. If it's fractured, the sooner it's set, the better. If it's not, you might be given a sling or some medication to help with the pain. I'm going to bump this question in the hope that Crafty sees it; she's our go-to mom for stuff like tis.

    Answer by Ballad at 7:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2013