Im really scared

My boobs are hurting really bad and I went to tounch them and I found a lump. ....I know I'm about to start my period soon and I sometimes get them but for some reason I'm really scared about it......wounld you get it checked out

tigger3itch

Asked by tigger3itch at 6:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Health

• We have instincts for a reason. If you are scared, there is something in your brain that triggered it. I would go, if for no other reason than to put your mind at ease.
    Good luck.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Could be a swollen gland. Have you been sick recently or cut your armpit shaving? If it doesn't go away see a Dr. & get a Mamo.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Go in and get seen to 1: make sure it is nothing to worry about in case it is. and 2: put your mind at ease.

Always better to be safe then sorry.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• paulie...I usually get them before my period ,but I don't know why im just scared this time
    it is on the top like almost near the nipple
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• ^^^I get that too. I also get breast cysts when I drink too much iced tea. I think it has to do with the tanic acid in the tea. Anyway, I'd wait until after your period ends & see if you still feel swelling. If you have never had a mammogram then you may want to get one now anyway. This way as you age & have more mamos, they can use this one as a baseline to compare the rest to. I had one because I had pain & a lump & like I said it turned out that I had a bunch of cysts. One was the size of a lemon. They aspirated them & I went back as needed but since I eliminated the tea haven't had them since. Sometimes dark sodas do it to me too. Stop soda & tea also & see if that helps :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• lol I don't drink those....but I drink a lot of coffee....I have gotten one and they said it was a cysts....but I have not had one in a while
    tigger3itch

Comment by tigger3itch (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Maybe the coffee!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• don't get to worked up, make an apt and check it out. Could be its nothing now but could be later and you are getting a head start alert. we know our bodies better than anyone so if you are concerned most definitely go to the doctor. Let us know what you find out. Sending good thoughts your way
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• It wouldn't hurt to get it checked out. I had a lump two years ago. I had it checked out. It wound up being nothing but it made me feel better.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 6:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• You bet get it checked! go as soon as possible...

Answer by older at 6:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2013