Anyone have that one neighborhood kid that you hate your kids playing with?

We live in a weird area with not many houses around, and it just so happens that this annoying, smart ass kid lives right next door, and my son loves playing with him. I don't always have the time to take him to play dates and things like that but every once in a while he knocks on our door and my son gets so excited. Then 20 minutes later they're arguing over something. This happens every single time cuz this kid thinks he knows everything. Now mind you I have sat outside while they played together and my son isn't an angel either, but this kid always seems to be the instigater. What would you do in this situation? I've tried to let them work it out themselves, and I've tried to help fix whatever problem they have. But in the end my son has to come in because they cant get along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I live in an apt in a low income area. I don't like my kids playing with 90% of the kids around us. They are rude, obnoxious and unsupervised.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• But in the end my son has to come in because they cant get along.
    that line right there would cause me to tell the kid MY kid cant play

while i understand the need for kids to work things out, if my child continuously felt uncomfortable i would (and have) remind my kid about what happened the last few times they played together
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• remind=reminded

it's after 5- let the typos flow!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• no, not yet
    stay away I guess, try too, eventually, not sure of their ages but I guess just stay away
    if the kid comes knocking tell him you son is busy
    tough when it is right next door no doubt
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I have, and when the brat thought he could tell my younger son what to do in our own home, I solved the problem. I told him he was unwelcome at my home until he could learn some respect, and made sure that his mother knew why I'd sent him home. I don't think she believed me (she's our mail woman, and our mail's gotten damaged quite a bit more since then lol), but I don't feel bad. Her kid was an out and out jerk to mine, and while I realize it will happen in life, it does NOT have to happen in our own home.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• We've had so many issues lately that I could scream. The latest has become a boy vs. girl thing, but some ugly things are being said to my dau. I have to cool off before I go off! I had my dau come in early to get a break & take her shower. Best thing to do is take a break for a day or 2 & the next time the kid starts his crap, then he has to leave. It gets old, believe me. And I know kids have to learn to work things out, but sometimes they get so desperate to get out & play, that they allow treatment we would never tolerate.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• We have the kid who was never taught how to behave and has a neglectful parent who lets her kids out wild with no coats late at night and in the winter. Pretty much everyone in the neighborhood has reported her at least once. The first time she was allowed to play with DS, she told him a really "fun" game was to take off and hide behind a neighbor's house and not answer when I called for him (he wasn't allowed to leave the front yard, and he knew it). Completely blindsided him, because he'd never met anyone outright cruel or deceitful before that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Thre was one spiteful little snot that I was happy to see move away. She would say the meanest things, or come over to play with my daughter or invite her over, then just before they started playing she'd change her mind and go home or send my daughter home without giving a reason. There are a couple of mildly annoying brats now, but noting like that little turd was.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Sometimes our children learn the best lessons of life from these kind of kids. It challenges their thought patterns and helps them with future shit heads. Believe me there will be many.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 8:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• All the kids in my neighborhood are a lot older than my son, so he doesn't play with them. But there is this one kid that lives nearby and goes to our next door neighbor's house all the time to play with the kids there. That kid is a total brat! One time I saw him being really mean to a stray cat that hung out at my house. One time I even caught him being mean to my dog who was outside. And we caught him taking parts off our bikes that were behind our shed, and seen him in our shed. And one time someone purposely broke a spark plug or something off(I don't remember what part it was) our lawn mower. DH said it looked like it was snapped off. We don't know for sure...but I'm betting it was that kid.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2013