I pretty sure my 14 month toddler boy has a Ingunial Hernia, (not umbilical) Is surgery the only answer?

The hernia doesn't seem to bother him at all what so ever, He is a completely happy rambunctious little monster who loves to play and run around, So anyway I just figured this out upon researching the internet And I'm pretty sure that is a hernia, And It's in his groin area and it comes and goes,.. But it doesn't seem to be causing him any pain, Do any of you ladies have some advice? Has Your baby ever had a hernia?

prettymama0607

Asked by prettymama0607 at 6:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, but I would take him to a doctor instead of diagnosing it yourself on the internet.
    Anonymous

• My son had an hernia in his sack and the only way to remove it was tru surgery. It started as a hydrocil sack (just had water but then it turn it a hernia) . i would talk to the doctor and he should be able to tell u better what to do.
    GARCIA2

Answer by GARCIA2 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• anonymous-->Yeah I should go to the "Doctor" Because NO ONE in the history of the world has EVER been able to correctly diagnose an ailment with being or having a doctor present...eye rollingever heard of Web MD? They have these resources for people like us, because believe it or not there are nearly 46 million or more people with out health insurance, my son is one of them.

prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• without*
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009