Hair mess!

I had dark brown hair with some red tint, and light brown in it. I went to a lady, and she said she would do a color cap on me to lift the color. Well, she did that and some of the dark brown lifted. But at the top of my hair, the roots had this ugly gold brassy color. So she tried dying it, (not sure what color) and it still had this brassy goldfish orange color. So she told me to go home, and come back the next day. I did so. Today she did night lights all over. She did some light brown highlights, and some blondee streaks that she bleached? When we were for it there my roots were still brassy gold. Something she said wouldn't happen. So I told her just go a brown color at the roots. She did that. When she was done, it looked a little better..... But you can still see orangish gold brassy parts in my roots. I wasn't too happy. My hair has blonde , light brown, and mocha color highlights. And it feels real brittle.... I'm not happy about this one bit! Yesterday since she screwed up, she said she wouldn't change me anything lady, and fix it today. But I'm still not please with the results , and she knew that. When I got close to the mirror to look, she joked and said "don't look too close," she said this twice. And she also goes "I tried, your hair is difficult."

I don't know what to do at this point!
Any suggestions?! I'm so disappointed...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Gosh!!! So many darn typos. Sorry guys,.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• DAFUQ?!
    Seriously? I would talk to the manager/ owner and request a refund.
    You do not, ever, process your hair two days in a row.
    You're supposed to let your hair rest a week (from what I have learned after 20 years of over processing my own hair).

From what I have learned, let your hair rest and then, find a skilled pro who a friend/ family member recommends.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• What Feral said. I'm sorry this happened to you. It sounds like the stylist didn't know what she was doing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• What they said
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 8:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• Sound like you let her do to much. How many times did she dye it, 2,3,4 times. If she messed it up the first time I would have not let her touch it again.

Answer by louise2 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• She did highlights today. I didn't like how the roots came out, so she redid the highlights on that part only.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• you never pay for bad hair and you do not process over and over
    I would be going in and showing the owner the mess
    PLEASE tell me you did NOT tip her
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I had a bad color experience similar to this once and it took me awhile to get my hair colored again. My hair had been so over processed it was ridiculous! I have now found a good color person who came highly recommended and have not left her. I've been with her longer then I have been with my husband.

I agree with those who said 1) you shouldn't' have paid her or tipped her and 2) do NOT go to this woman again. The good thing is--hair grows. Hopefully yours will grow fast and you will be able to have it look different soon!
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 10:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I have a Cosmetology degree-         At this point, you need to focus on moisturizing and restoring damage that might have been done. You can  go with a semi-permanent color until it has a chance to grown out a bit and is able to receive permanent color again.    Another alternative you have which is a pain in the arse but might make you feel 100 % better until you can let it grow out is to use a temporary color.    It is like food color for the hair.    The most popular brand is called Fanciful.    Plush brown should work fine.    It has to be applied everytime after you wash your hair.  If plush brown doesn't color dark enough for what you prefer,   you can add some black rage to the plush brown until you find the color you like.  

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2013

• I think you may have to leave it alone for a while and condition the heck out of it. Later when it is a little recovered you might be able to go to someone different.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2013