whats the earliest u can give birh and ur babies can survive?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 6:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• WHY??? Please don't tell me it is because you want to have your baby early. My daughter was 33 weeks. I know mother to 23 weekers, but the survival rate is soooo low. I know that after 32 weeks the survival rate is something like over 80%. I would DEFFINATLY try to keep that baby in there as long as possible. Is there something wrong that makes you think you will have a preemie?
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 6:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• depednds ont he childl really i eman ive heard of babies born at 27 weeks and living but healthy is around 36 - 37 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premature_birth
    Earliest born baby was 21 weeks and 5 days and born in 1987. My dh had a son born at 27 weeks and he died a week later from meningitus. There are many issues with premies, not limited to brain damage, not having fully developed lungs and having a compromised immune system. Keeping the baby from being born is always best for as long as possible.
    Anonymous

• are you at risk? def. do what you need to keep ya baby in there lol...but I know they have a chance somewhere around 30wks or so.Maybe a little less.
    Anonymous

• i really hope and pray to G od that i dont have them early im 17 weeks and at 13 weeks my placenta detached a little at 15 weeks they found a membrane that was 1 inch long yesterday when they saw it it was curving around my placenta and im alrady dialating i just want to make it to atleast the month they can survive
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I would make them admit you. I'm no doctor, but I did do my research when my water broke at 28 weeks. This is what I would talk to your doctor about
    -Stitching your cervix
    -Magnisium if you start contracting
    -NO VAGINAL EXAMS!!!!!!!!!
    I know it is soo hard mama, but relax. Try to get someone to take care of your others kids if you havn't already because you need to rest. Drink at least a gallon of water a day. Eat healthy and nutriciously as your babies need all the good stuff they can get. My daughter got a shot of steroids to make her lungs develop faster, which is why she didn't have breathing problems. I'm sure your doc will give you this. Also, jsut to let you know. I am pro homebirth and hate interventions and ALL of my opinions have been extensivly researched so I am not just telling you to have all of these interventions on a whim. PLEASE mama, please try to ease your mind. All things happen for a reason (..cont.)
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 6:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• and God has a plan for you and your babies. Please PM me with any questions or just for an ear.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 6:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• are you pregnant with twins? all i can say if things have been going wrong make sure you find a hospital that has a level 3 NICU that would be the best shot for a baby born prior to 32 weeks good luck honey i hope all goes well
    Anonymous

• I was actually in the hospital today because there was somethin wrong. The nurse told me not to worry if I was goin in to labor that they have seen babies survive and not very many have died and I am 27 wks
    Anonymous

• yes i am pregnant with twins yesterday was bitter sweet because i found out that im carrying identical twin boys then they told me about all these complications. im trying to stay calm but i dont wanna lose my babies
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009