WWYD?

My Daughter is just getting over Fifth's. The rash is now only on her arms,legs & torso,just about gone on her face. The Pediatrician says once the rash appears she is no longer contagious. We have a Party for one of my Son's friends this afternoon & I have to bring her too. While she is not contagious, the rash is still visible. I feel embarrassed like the other Mom's may freak out if they notice. WWYD? Go or not? My Son will be devastated since this is his best friend.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 11:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Oh, go. If the moms ask or give you weird looks, just tell them your daughter isn't contagious. I hope you have fun!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:32 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• She's not contagious anymore so I think your biggest issue would be explaining to people that she's not contagious anymore, if that makes any sense.

I think that if it were me I'd probably give the mom a call (the one giving the party) and get her feedback. It's hard to convince people that once the rash appears it's no longer contagious because that's so different than most other rash-y illnesses.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:14 AM on Aug. 7, 2013

• If she isn't contagious then I would take her. I am guessing you can't just drop him off at the party and then do something with her?
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:09 AM on Aug. 7, 2013

• s there somewhere that she can say during the party, like at a relative's
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:17 AM on Aug. 7, 2013

• I agree with calling the mom and giving a heads up. I would say that your dish as been looking forward to celebrating with his friend and that you have your DD with you. Say she had fifths disease and the virus is leaving her body and she has a rash from that but that she is not contagious. Let her tell you her preference.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:24 AM on Aug. 7, 2013

• BTW, She's 2 & won't be doing the big kid stuff.
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Yea, I feel it would be an imposition to the Mom to just drop him off. She already has 5 kids of her own & I am not sure any other Mom's I know will be there. The Party is a combination of all age kids including her other kids friends too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2013