Why won't My Fitness Pal lower my calories?

I weigh 245 now, and MFP has been allowing me 1510 a day since I was 255, at least. Should I be lowering them on my own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Aug. 7, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• No. You still need to eat those calories. If you consume too few calories it can cause weight gain, as your body will go into starvation mode.

Weigh and measure all of your meals. Drink lots of water (and green tea if you like.) Stay away from fat free foods, processed foods and artificial sweeteners, and of course, exercise.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:04 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• No. The lowest you should ever go is 1200 - so you don't want to lower then too fast. You've only lst ten lbs., its not time to lower your calories.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• I am 160 and it has me at 2248, I do not need that many, and I do not eat anywhere near that many.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:12 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Lose It! didn't lower my calories until I'd lost about 50 lbs.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:28 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Because you need food to live.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:32 AM on Aug. 16, 2013