The period question just made me think of something about my friend not allowing her daughter to use tampons. adult content

My friend's daughter made the cheer squad, and she refuses to allow the girl to use a tampon. I use the term friend "loosely", LOL!
What is the poor kid supposed to do?

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• She's just an idiot... I feel bad for her daughter.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Oh yeah, that's ok she will get them from her friends & mom will flip shit about it. You can't cheer with a pad on.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• She will just sneak them soon enough. Unless there is some medical reason not to use then the mom is just ignorant. Micro managing personally choices like that always ends poorly for the parent.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• That poor girl. Wonder if her mom is going to make her quit cheer over it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• My friend is the cheer coach, and she had a meeting to explain that they couldn't wear pads etc while cheering, I guess the mother flipped out over the whole deal.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Her mother said she just won't be able to cheer when she is on her period, please! Everyone is trying to think of a way to talk to the mother about it, I got elected (sort of), because I deal with crazy people the best. They live down the street from us, so I need a nice way to approach the conversation, we are talking Catholic school, so I need some ammo to say that because you wear a tampon, doesn't mean your not a virgin type of thing. I do feel sorry for the kid, she is a sweet as she could be, very shy, so this is a huge deal for her to make the squad.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Her mother said she just won't be able to cheer when she is on her period,

Which could get her kicked off the squad! I know some squads where attendance is mandatory and if you miss you are cut. Not sure if that is the case with this squad or not.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Just tell her to join THIS century!! Good luck with that one!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 7, 2013