can I move outta state if my husband left because its the only option I have for us to have a place

Is it bad to move outta state like a lil over two hrs. Away from him. And he will know where I am. He was abusive. And a alcoholic before and he said that I should jus let them go with him if I had troubles. But im not putting my kids in a situation I dont trust. Hes never really been around likes to party.ive been the stay at home mom. What can I do? I dont have money to do court stuff pplus he said he would help.

dawnalewis

Asked by dawnalewis at 4:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• So he is going to give you money for you and the kids to move? If that is the case he is giving his consent.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:17 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Yes he left me jus a lil bit. And he knows where ill be living. I just dont want it to back fire on me
    dawnalewis

Comment by dawnalewis (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Depends on your state laws. I would check with an attorney. A lot of them do free consultations and you may be able to get one based on your income or pro bono. Otherwise you run the risk of him claiming you kidnapped his children.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 5:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• If you are still married but seperated. You can move were ever you want. You have no divorce paper saying you can not move?

Answer by louise2 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• What does the court order say?
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:38 AM on Aug. 8, 2013