About Children and Chores

GirlwithC posted this article about motivating children to do chores as a part of being in a family, and I was really impressed with it, enough so that I didn't want it to slip through the cracks without being noticed. I think trying some of the ideas may have a positive impact on what can sometimes be a struggle in my household. Thanks, GirlwithC!

Hopefully someone can make this clicky:
http://www.handinhandparenting.org/news/38/64/Children-Chores-and-Drudgery

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 4:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2013 in General Parenting

• we never have an issue with that, little bit and the kids I keep take their dishes to the sink, throw their trash away, rinse toothpaste out of sink, clean playroom and help with laundry. Mind you the kids I keep are here often overnight so they also make beds and yes they help with laundry because some of it is theirs.

We do most of this daily, they have helped since they were each 3 years old.
    In the article it mentions 7 years of age, why wait? Start early and it becomes habit
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:33 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• we have a family cleaning/ yard work day every week. My los since the age of four had to clean up their rooms everyday. Of course I did the real cleaning dusting disinfecting ect. but toys and beds were their job. I feel it does help us as a family to work together everyone has their job and when we are done we help each other. I usually reward them with the park or something fun as soon as we are done just because they worked so hard. I will not be the only person who cleans and it has helped everyone to try and clean up as they go because then the Saturday cleaning oes by easier.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 5:00 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2013