Grandddaughter coming to live with me, she is 8 yrs old. Where do I find the "fads" this year for school?

GMA1952

Asked by GMA1952 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just my two cents but don't get caught up in "fads". You can never keep up and it costs a silly amount of money. Just make sure she has nice clothes, decent school supplies and lots of love.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• walmart
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Really anything is IN! LOL! My granddaughter is 9, she is into anything bright, mismatched and fun. I have actually seen bundles of socks in the stores that are purposely mismatched. I bought some for both of the girls today actually. She loves everything in Justice. I can find some of their clothing in TJ Maxx too.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Yes, what Prawny said ^^^^!!!!
    m-avi

• Let her tell you what she likes. She moight not even be into the latest fads. Every kid is different.

Answer by louise2 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• we shop at Justice (for bday and Christmas), Crazy 8 and Target and Old navy

but I think I would ask her where she likes to shop, if she isn't sure I would use Target and such for normal stuff and Justice for special stuff its sort of expensive even when they have a sale.

Crazy 8 usually has some pretty good deals
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 7:49 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Thanks everyone for the help. The only problem I am having is she is coming from Alaska (my old home) to Oregon. I guess instead of a parka, we need fashionable rain gear.
    GMA1952

Comment by GMA1952 (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

• Target has some really cute rain gear so you could try there
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2013