Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

What advice would you give?

My mom and dad have a very nice house with pool and sauna. They invited my brother and his wife and their 3 years old to be in the house. My brother suddenly left to work to another city possibly having a conflict with his pregnant wife. She stayed in the house alone with their daughter. When my parents came to the house (they did not call or so), there was the wife with her mom, aunt and her brother having party, swimming in the pool, eating the food and touching personal things of my parents. My mom got very upset and yelled on my bother's wife and my dad asked everyone to leave. The brother's wife recorded on I-phone everything my parents said and sent to my brother, then she pretended to be sick and ambulance was called, they found nothing wrong with her. But my brother does not speak with my parents now and my mom asks me for advice. I live thousands miles away and I am not really sure what to advice... Help?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Aug. 7, 2013 in Relationships

Answers (27)
  • I'm afraid I'm very confused. If they invited the family to live in their house, did they not expect they would eat the food, use the pool, and make use of things in the house? And if they are living there, why would it be wrong for her to invited her family to visit her and her child?

    I can't really give any advice because I can't see (based on what's here) exactly what the problem is.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 8:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

  • By "Invited to be in the house" do you mean Invited to LIVE there, or invited to house sit.....there is a distinct difference. If they were invited to LIVE there then well, as much as a drama queen as she may have been she didn't do anything wrong by having a party with close family and friends.

    Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

  • Not much to say or do. They can write him a letter to explain why they felt violated by the ordeal and then let them have some time to let it sink in and consider that it was irresponsible and insensitive of them to use your parents house that way.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 9:03 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

  • Let it go, this is your brothers problem. Your mom should make an attend to calmly and rationally explain why they were upset, this can be done through email if your brother doesn't want to talk to them. After that I wouldn't do anything, let your brother make the first move.

    Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

  • My parents invited my brother's family - him, his wife, and their daughter to stay in the house. The invitation never got to extended family, nor they were allowed to use personal things like towels or swimming wear of my parents, neither enter their room.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

  • Stay for how long?

    Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:22 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

  • If I were your mom I would write my son a letter explaining how violated they felt when they came home to find the family partying without consulting with them first.....never bad mouthing his wife, because it is obvious the son sees through his wife's eyes.....

    Answer by older at 9:23 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

  • Oh, the drama.
    Do people really live like this?

    Answer by AubreyRed at 9:34 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

  • Life is too short, I would just let it go.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

  • personal things like towels
    did your parents expect the brother to bring his own towels?

    Do people really live like this?
    I know a family, when their kid got divorced, who sent a bill for all gifts received during the marriage to the ex spouse

    Answer by feralxat at 10:06 PM on Aug. 7, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.