To conceive a girl?

Have any of you used the Massengil vinegar douche to conceive a girl and did it work? I have two boys and I so desperately want a girl next! But We won't be trying for another year... Just want to do some homework ahead of time so I know what to try and do before we conceive again!

mandi_m

Asked by mandi_m at 3:37 AM on Aug. 8, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It's not a hundred percent proven, and it may not be proven at all, but I've heard that some people have tried using vinegar to get a girl and baking soda for a boy. The theory behind the idea is that vinegar makes the vaginal environment more acidic, which favors the female-producing sperm, and baking soda neutralizes the acid and favors the male-making sperm. Again, it's just what I've heard not necessarily the truth. Overall, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• I have never heard of it but I doubt it works. I don't believe that anything we do changes whether we have boys or girls. It is genetics.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:11 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Really!.

Answer by louise2 at 6:28 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• None of the old wives tales work. The only way to certainly get a girl is to get your husband's sperm sorted in a lab and get artificially inseminated. Otherwise, it's always a 50-50 chance.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:04 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Never heard of that and doubt it would work. Now you can increase your chances of a girl or boy using the Shettle's method. There is nothing that will gurantee a girl even what gdiamante said is not given a 100% chance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Well at least it gives you a 50% chance of success!
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 8:01 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

Thats what this massengil vinegar douche is supposed to do, so thats why I was asking. Thanks for your answer Ballad!

I know not everything is 100% but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has ever tried this. But I should've known that a question like this was bound to bring on pictures? Really? and a$$h*le spectators. But for those of you who answered without mock intentions I appreciate you.
    mandi_m

Comment by mandi_m (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2013