in all state do you need a diver licence

I went to move out of new york but i do not drive. what state can not have licence and get around very well.

maewest30

Asked by maewest30 at 7:11 AM on Aug. 8, 2013 in Travel

• Well, if you want to drive, then yes, EVERY state requires you to have a valid license. If you are asking what areas have good public transportation, then I guess research the area you are moving to.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:13 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Are you talking a city with good Public transportation?

Or a State you do not have to have a drivers licence to drive a car? 

Answer by louise2 at 8:15 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Let me fix that for you "I want to move out of NYC (cause Upstate and Long Island are also mainly car friendly). Where can I move and continue to use public transportation rather than learn to drive." Possible answers: Chicago, DC, maybe San Fran (I know they have Bart, but I'm not sure about their short distance transportation options.) Not many places have a subway that stops every few blocks. Bus systems maybe.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:21 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• it's more bout the city and its public transportation system than the state...
    I mean every stat requires a license of you are driving
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:30 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• *about
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• drivingEvery state requires a license to drive.

PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:46 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• No matter where you go in the US, you need a license to drive. If you're looking for a place that has good public transportation because you don't drive, then you'll just need to research the places you're considering. What might be good pt to some might not be to you, so you have to look and decide what works.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:49 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• There is no place that allows you to drive without a license.

Major metropolitan areas will have transit systems; those are your go-to's.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:13 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• You must have a driver's license to drive any vehicle legally
    Depending on where you want to go, check and see what kind of public transportation there is and how convenient shopping is, as in you can walk or bike.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:13 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• The only place you can legally drive without a license in the state of PA is on a farm doing farm work. You don't even have to be 16 to do this. So unless you are working on a farm in PA, you need a license to drive.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 11:19 AM on Aug. 8, 2013