I went to go get an ultrasound and they said they couldnt hear the babys heart or see the baby i should be about ten weeks now but the utrasound says im only 6 weeks i dont remember when i last ovulat

I went to go get an ultrasound and they said they couldnt hear the babys heart or see the baby i shouldbe about ten weeks by now but the ultrasound says im only about 6 weeks . i also dont remember when i last ovulated. what could this mean ?

MommyGurgler01

Asked by MommyGurgler01 at 11:11 AM on Aug. 8, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't sound encouraging. Please call your doc. Right now.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:14 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Ask your doctor.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 11:15 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• you can't hear a heartbeat that early anyway. did they do a transvaginal ultrasound? that's the only way they could see the heartbeat or the baby
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• i went to the dr yesterday and they said i have to wait two weeks for another ultrasound im so scared its my first pregnancy!
    MommyGurgler01

Comment by MommyGurgler01 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Aug. 8, 2013

• What did your blood levels show, if it keeps going up that is a good sign. It isn't that unusual for them not hear the baby's heartbeat before 10 weeks, get your HCG levels checked again next week, if the rise, very good news.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Well, if you are actually 10 weeks and not finding a heart beat, that would scare me. A lot. If you are actually only 6 weeks, it's not unusual for them to not be finding a heart beat yet. My doctor was able to find a heart beat that early with a transvaginal ultrasound, but I knew exactly when I conceived.
    I agree with 222 about getting your HCG levels checked. Instead of staying in the dark for two weeks, you can see within 48 hours if your numbers are growing like they should. You might not be as far along as you think you are.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Do you have any idea when your last menstrual period was? If you are ten weeks along, this isn't encouraging news at all. That stretch between about five and ten weeks is where a lot of fatal errors happen in developing pregnancies. If you are closer to six weeks along, the story could be very different. I agree, did you get blood drawn for a test of your HCG levels?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Wait two weeks before getting overly stressed you could be wrong on the dates. ((hugs))
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• I went to the another dr and they said that my hormone lever was 12000 and that it showed im only 6 weeks pregnant im spotting but no cramping ! is that normal on some women
    MommyGurgler01

Comment by MommyGurgler01 (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Aug. 11, 2013

• ¿tuvo a su bebé
    Alazne

Answer by Alazne at 5:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2014