AirCards?

Just looking for some feedback on using an aircard to get internet service. We live in the boonies & only have dial-up out here. That REALLY puts limitations on our homeschooling among other things.

Someone suggested trying an "aircard" through my cell phone provider (which is AT&T). That also means I'll have to invest in a laptop.... so we're talking about several hundred dollars here.

Are they worth it? Are they reliable? Are they a better option than satellite? Anything else about them you'd like to share?

I've also come across a few things about an adaptor so they can be used with desktops, too --- if you have experience with that, that would be helpful, too.

Thanks!

Laura1229

Asked by Laura1229 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I use my aircard on my laptop and my desktop, its great, a little pricey but when I go on trips I can take it anywhere with me... I LOVE IT!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2009