Help ladies!! Please?

I could use some prayers, positive thoughts or some good juju right now. My baby boy went in for oral surgery a couple minutes ago and I am on my own in the waiting room. Set says he has "soft teeth ". And despite my brushing his teeth twice a day, flossing once, and him drinking plenty of floride and cutting out all juice for over a year now... He still gets lots of cavities and one of his old filling partially fell out resulting I decay getting back up in there an needing to take his front tooth!!!

My baby is going to have no two front teeth and probably a mouth full of silver but worst part is we have been here at the hospital since 9am (it's now 330). Ad surgery will take another 2-3 hrs!! My poor baby I feel so helpless and Hurt for him!!

Also on a random note I have a question, have I ever heard of keepin the tooth they pull? When the nurse comes in to update me I'm going to ask of I can save it. I have a sterling silver baby tooth holder for him that I for at my shower and while I expected the first tooth he lost would fall out on it's own I feel sentimental about those two big front teeth :(.

Has anyone been in this position before? Do u think it'd be crazy of me to ask to keep it? Please positive thoughts needed today ladies!! I'm a worried mama (even though my baby told me.. "Don't worry mommy I will be fine"

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 3:41 PM on Aug. 8, 2013 in General Parenting

• Any time a child is put under, it's scary. Hopefully all will go well and he will be out fast.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• best wishes
    and i have three boxes for three kids of little teeth
    so- not weird to me at all for you to ask to keep your child's tooth
    one of my kids has no enamel- yes i have been in a similar situation

we use a prerinse, brush and then fluoride rinse
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• You're in my thoughts and prayers. Any mom would be nervous if her child had to be put under. I can only imagine, as my five-year-old hasn't had to have any kind of surgery yet. And it's fine to ask for the tooth. What can it hurt? If the nurse thinks you're a nut job, which she probably won't, that's on her and she'll keep it to herself. My stepson kept the gnarly ugly tooth he had to get pulled by an oral surgeon last year.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• All this for a tooth being pulled? Drama much?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Hey anon why don't u say that using your real name, coward! This is the first time my son has ever needed to be put under for anything. Hell it's the first time anything more then a cold has ever happened to him so YES I am nervous and I worry. It's what good mothers who love their kids do!!!

Feralxat : does the rinsing help? I've never used a rinse with him before but maybe starting that in our routine could help..?
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• How old is this child?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• He is only four!
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Best wishes! I have soft teeth and always get cavities. I'm sure he will be okay.... I don't think it's weird to ask for the tooth at all. Haven't they ever herd of the tooth fairy? lol My thoughts are with you! <3
    TheRomanoboys

Answer by TheRomanoboys at 4:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• yes. the pre rinse stained the teeth so we knew where to brush
    then the fluoride every nite before bed
    she ended up having fewer cavities than the other two who have healthy teeth because she was more vigilant
    she had to get one silver tooth and then we started the three steps. the doc also ended up applying a sealant

when she stopped the three steps about 6 months ago she developed 4 cavities...so- yeah. i would say it works.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2013