I'm 7 weeks pregnant and my boyfriend says that he can never be happy with a child. What should I do? :(

granted, the situation is crazy and he is going through a divorce, but I found out that I am pregnant two weeks ago and he immediately dumped me. He told me that he wants an abortion and that we aren't ready (i'm 20 and hes 28) and that no matter what I do, I am on my own and that he would sign away parental rights at birth if I won't kill it. We got back together after I left for a few days and were doing well, I told him that as long as there isn't anything seriously wrong with the baby, I am keeping it. At first he was helping me pick out names and talking about the types of parents we plan to be, and then AT the first ultrasound (6w 1d) he brought back up abortion and wouldn't drop it. He has depression from being in the marines, and this morning he told me that he never sees himself being happy with a child, but that he 'doesn't really want to break up with me for obvious reasons.' My question is, what would you do?

EmiryMoon

Asked by EmiryMoon at 4:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2013 in Pregnancy

• If you have family that will support you then you'll be fine. I agree with the others that you need to get out from under this relationship but millions of women successfully raise their children without a husband/SO

I get that this is, initially, so scary but when you have your child you'll just do what you need to do. My youngest was only a few months old when my husband left us and I managed to get them all brought up just fine. You will too.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Yeah,you need to dump his ass

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• good for you.......I will keep you in my prayers ,good luck,
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 4:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• leave him. wtf are you doing with a married man anyway? that should have been your first clue that he was a loser. idc if they were together or not, he is still married. what a douche.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Walk away.... Now!! Don't wait for this to get worse!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• I'd run for the hills away from that guy. He sounds very volatile. One minute he is saying "kill it" then the next he's picking out names??? WTH?? I'd be afraid he'd kill me! Go NOW! EEEKK

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:00 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• You're better off without him, even if that means you'll be a single mom. He'll only be a millstone around your neck and the neck of your child. No way should a kid grow up with a father who doesn't want him or her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• let him leave but if he thinks a judge is just going to let him walk he is crazy, go get child support.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 5:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Get away from him now, and put the baby up for adoption. This is why I am so adamantly opposed to sex outside of marriage. No child should ever have to be born into this kind of chaos; and if you never have, please study up on in utero development of your baby and how all that is going on right now affects that child. It already senses the turmoil that's going on in you and in your household.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• i'm moving back home to get family help. i refuse to kill it and i really dont think that i could carry this baby and then give it away like it never existed.
    EmiryMoon

Comment by EmiryMoon (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Aug. 8, 2013