Do you send anything extra along for school supplies?

Seeing posts and pins with pictures of first day of school care kits for teachers with extra supplies. Do you send anything extra for the school/teacher along on the first day beyond what is required?

hotelmom123

Asked by hotelmom123 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2013 in General Parenting

• Sure. I always look at the office supply ads and pick up a bunch of extra stuff. Right now Office Max has 10 cent packages of pencils and 25 cent glue sticks, so I picked up a bunch of those. I also send in a lot of hand sanitizer and whatever else I think they need, and tell them to let me know through the year if there's anything else they need. Around New Year, I bring in a bunch more kleenex and hand sanitizer since it's cold season.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• No. I pay taxes... I don't need to send "extra" anything.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• I have not even sent in the regular list yet and they have been in school for 3 2 days! I get paid Friday so they will have them monday. I tend to send more pencils and paper and stuff as I see it on sale.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• I help out the teachers with anything they need. My Sister's been a teacher for 20 yrs, and she always goes above and beyond for her classroom, out of her own pocket. I feel like if it's going to benefit our children in any way I'll help. We can also afford it, and given the fact that our kids go to a public school that's small, and they are a great bunch of teachers that do a great job, I feel they deserve a little help.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Probably not, since I have a huge list of stuff I need to buy anyway. Now I just found out I was supposed to have bought everything already with the intention of dropping it off at Back to School Night, which is happenin in two hours. I didn't know that and don't have any way to shop right now, so the teacher will have to settle for getting the supplies on the first day of school like I originally planned. If they were needed sooner it should have been noted when to turn them in on the original list I received by e-mail. Grrr!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Nope, just the listed stuff.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:43 PM on Aug. 8, 2013