Does he allow you to get what you want at the gas station?

My husband would not let me buy a $2.50 cent sandwich for us to share are the store. Yet, he went to put 50 dollars into a football pool thing minutes later.

Are you allowed to get things at the gas station to share? We shared a taco yesterday from Taco Bell and I even had to beg him for that. Is it normal to share a taco? He says yes and that I'm spoiled. Half a taco should fill me up.

Are you allowed to buy what you want to eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Aug. 8, 2013 in Relationships

• I can't get past the word "allowed". I am an adult. I buy and eat what I want.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• is this the same guy that freezes you out in winter
    and makes you and the kids split a meal when you eat out
    ?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Allowed isnt in our vocabulary, I do wtf I want when I want. If I want to buy something, you can bet your ass I buy it.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Yes, I don't ask him I just get it. That's ridiculous, but sounds a lot like my ex. If you have that little control and he has that much control of the relationship, it's not really a relationship at all - get out.

Answer by missanc at 7:40 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• This sounds very very familiar.

That said, I'm not married but "allow" wouldn't be in my vocabulary if I was
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• The safe house will see the CONTROL, not what is being controlled, per se
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:12 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Has the flag been thrown on this play yet??

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Allowed? My foot would be up his ass the second he said that to me...along with the sandwich and half a taco.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• DH is my partner not my father. I do not need his permission to spend money with in reason. If I want a $2.50 sandwich and I know we have enough for me to spend $2.50 on a sandwich then I get it. If he wanted to spend $50 in a football pool thing he would get my opinion on out of courtesy it because it is not a small amount for us. We do not need each others permission but we do discuss larger purchases. And sharing one taco is nuts. He sounds like a controlling ass.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• "You're a troll, right??? At least for your sake I hope you're trolling..."

This is my vote. We had a question like this a few months back, TONS of responses so I figure she thought she'd try again
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2013