what is the going rate for babysitters now? i am going to have a neighbor come over for an hour to just kind of sit with my son and learn the ways of babysitting. i just don't want to send my neighbor home without pay - so what would be an appropriate rate?

my son is 8 weeks old and my neighbor (12 years old) will just sit and watch my son while i do some housework.

MommaGoose1776

Asked by MommaGoose1776 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Ever thought about having someone come and do your housework instead?? I did it and it has been a huge help!
    jen915

Answer by jen915 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'd say 4 or 5 dollars an hour.
    lisafc

Answer by lisafc at 8:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• ...with you being there maybe a little less...but i say at least 6-7 an hr. u wanna make it worth her while...so she comes back!
    maofemmjacgav

Answer by maofemmjacgav at 9:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I don't know about other places but around Here(South Central Texas) the going rate is minimum wage. I agree w/ the other poster who mentioned someone else doing it. I pay $100 each time I have this woman come in. She is bonded and cleans absolutely thoroughly top to bottom. Best part I get a day out(I always arrange it to coincide with preschool), I come home after picking up kids and my house is spotless. It's really hard to put me in a bad mood on those days.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:42 PM on Jun. 20, 2008