Should I stay???

My ex is begging for my forgiveness. We were together for a while but then he said something I didn't like. My best friend who is like a sister told me to not look back but everytime I try I feel empty. I literally feel like a hollow tree. I'm not happy without him and he has told me repeatly that he cares about me. I feel like my best friend is kind of jealous of me and his relationship. She acts like she's my mother and she controls me and my relationships.i think she's jealous because me my ex have this relationship where we protect each other like brother and sister, have fun like best friends and love each other death.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• He said something you did not like. So what we all do that and work it our. If everything is this good you are willing to walk away from a lifetime of love.

It would have had to be some major big deal of something he said.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

• We all make mistakes and if you feel like he deserves forgiveness only you can decode that.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:14 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Why is he your EX if you both are so into each other then? So many positive thing you said. But he is an EX?

Answer by louise2 at 5:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

• What did he say that you didn't like? Was it something serious ("I molest kids" "I kill kittens for fun" "I'm a fugitive" "I cheated on you") or was it something silly ("Those jeans make your butt look fat" "I don't want to spend Friday night with you, I want to go out with my friends")?

If it was something serious, something that anyone would leave for, then stay gone. When there are big issues, they don't change. If it was something silly, then first of all, you need to grow up and realize that if you really want a long term relationship, sometimes he's going to say things you don't like. You'll say things he won't like. But you don't leave over it. You deal with the hurt, you suck it up, forgive and keep going. Second, if it was something silly, and you both want to work on it, then don't worry about your friend. Worry about you. Your happiness is what matters, not her approval.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:16 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

• ^^^ I think wendy said it the best- do exactly that. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

• I think that considering what you have told us about your friend, that you need to view your relationship with the guy without your friend playing a part in the relationship. Work on what you and he want and not what a friend tells you you want. I'm not saying always disregard a friend's advice, though. Sometimes a friend can look at something from another point of view.

Answer by Bmat at 9:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

• And it sounds like your friend is NOT a friend but someone you happen to know and should know a lot less.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:06 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Not with the friend but if you feel like you say you do about your boyfriend, work things out.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

• If your the same one whose boyfriend said they'd have sex with you r best friend I'd drop him and just move forward. Guys like that would have sex with your friends if he had the chance. Your kind if throwing your friend under the bus because of the fact that your boyfriend is a dog.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 4:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Depends on what he said, I guess. Not too many things someone said would make me bail on an otherwise good relationship. If he said he wanted to have sex with your best frend, though, and he meant it not as a really bad joke, then that's a big problem and you do have to wonder how into you he really is.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2013