Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help ladies... i have to write up an agreement between bio day and birthmom...

sd age almost 14 wants to live with us so she can finish out her school yr at the school shes been at ( bm moved ) bm agreed to let sd live with bd and bd agreed to pay his full childsuport ( don't ask ) so I have to write up an agreement any Im not even sure how to word this.. I don't know how to type it up and then print it out so im doing it the old fashion way paper and pen... I know they both need to sign it and date it. im from NH if that's needed to know. could use some input. I don't even know what category to put this in...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

Answers (15)
  • why aren't y'all contacting an atty to ensure protection of father's rights?

    Answer by feralxat at 10:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

  • Did they have an original custody agreement? If so, how was child support and distance of residency spelled out? If there was an original custody arrangement I would go have an attorney write something up for me. And I certainly wouldn't be paying child support to the non custodial parent.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 10:49 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

  • I agree with the others. I absolutely would not do anything like this on my own. The original CO must be legally amended to protect the father and the child support information can be included in that, as well.

    Doing this without making it legal is just asking for major trouble.

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

  • CO says bm has primary custody... and no one can move outside of 50 miles unless its been okayed by either person. sd age almost 14 has been asking bm to let her stay with us and bm has said no. so the only way bm would agree is if bd continued his cs. ( honestly its a long story ) so bd agreed to pay and bm agreed to let sd stay with us. bm just wanted sd on weekends... and she agreed to pay any expences ( doc app )

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

  • That's a real good mom right there, let me tell ya
    She's basically selling her kid.
    I am all for doing court stuff on your own when possible, but this person sounds like a whack job.
    You guys should really consult with an atty. You are modifying the CO and an atty will be better able to tell you the best way to go about it- even if he says you can do it on your own...

    Answer by feralxat at 11:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

  • I know you don't want to hear this, but you need to get an atty to help you. Even if you just get a consult. If you don't change the CO the BM can change her mind at any time even if you guys have something written out and signed.

    Answer by kmath at 11:06 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

  • See an attorney. Don't even try to do this on your own.

    Answer by gdiamante at 11:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

  • if bio dad can afford to pay mother when she does not even have the child
    he can afford a lawyer
    nothing like having child start school year only to have mother pull him out because not filed in court

    you can write anything up you want and have both sign PLUS have notarized
    BUT if not filed in court it means nothing


    Answer by fiatpax at 11:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

  • If she plans to move outside of the 59 mile range and does not have BD's permission then I believe he can either stop her from leaving or custody defaults to him. He absolutely needs an attorney on this. I agree, BM is in effect selling her child. An how is she going to pay for things for her daughter? Will she give her DD a debit card with access to the child support paid by BD? She's not planning on paying for anything.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 11:10 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

  • We, the undersigned, agree that [child] is to live at [address] with [dad's name], the father from [date] to [date] so that [child] can attend school. [Father's name] agrees to pay full child support. {Mother's name} agrees to allow [child] to stay at the above address during the dates specified, for the specified reason.

    one parent signs and dates

    the other parent signs and dates

    I would also recommend getting it notarized.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 2:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting