Do I take away milk at nap/bed time at 15 months?

My daughter in 15 going on 16 months she drinks bottles for sleep but any cup while she is up. I have not tried a sippy cup for bed yet. But Im worried about her having milk to sleep I know its not the best for her teeth so when should I cut the milk at sleepy time and how? Also I was thinking of potty training her since Im home but I know is shes sleeping with milk shell wet the bed. Im not really sure where to start. Help :)

octopuss98

Asked by octopuss98 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take away the bottle. Give her a cup with water before bed.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2013

• 15 months is very young for potty training. Has she shown any interest yet? If not then you're setting yourself up for a long, long struggle...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 12:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Well for her nap just now I tried milk in a cup to try to take it step by step and she doesn't want the cup she just cried herself to sleep :/ so I should try water in a cup before putting her in bed and put her to bed with nothing no drinks? My son was easy but he was on a cup much earlier he's now 7 I feel like I'm new haha
    She is watching baby signing time videos witch I love and would recommend to anyone with kids. She says potty and signs potty when she goes or after I've been putting her on the potty since she was 9months here and there. I just haven't really tried going all the way I guess now that I think of it bottle should be gone first. Then try potty training her.
    octopuss98

Comment by octopuss98 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Water only before bed. You need to brush her teeth/wipe her gums before bed but after she has any food or milk.

Answer by missanc at 12:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• You should not give baby a bottle to sleep with any way. It leads to ear infections and tooth problems. Take it away.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• I never gave my daughter bottles to go to bed, so I can't speak to how you should eliminate those. But don't even think about potty training till she's sleeping without having a bottle. First of all, she's too young for potty training. Secondly, introducing too many changes at once, like the toilet and going to bed without a bottle, is never a good idea. One step at a time.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2013