What am I to say to my 18 y/o daughter everytime she cries over this young man she loves for 4 years now??? HELP!!! adult content

My daughter just graduated from high school with the guy of her dreams, she has loved him 4 years now. But he just continues to break her heart. It hurts me so so much to see her crying over this little (bag of hormones) Joshua K, He tells all of the girls whatever they want to hear just so he can get down their pants. Ashley (my daughter) just wont let GO of the thought that "maybe" this time ....... he will just want and need me" .... Ive have taught her about self respect, the games some guys will play, but she just continues on, letting him once again break her heart. Just last night she said "mom, you just don't get it" Im at my whit's END. WHAT CAN I SAY OR DO TO MAKE HER SEE THAT HE IS JUST USING HER?????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

SOCS07

Asked by SOCS07 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• You can't, there is nothing you can say or do to get her to see. She has to come to it on her own.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Nothing. She has to figure it out on her own. All you can do is be there to support her when she finally realizes it
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Oh the young. They believe love started existing the day they discovered it.
    Tell her you DO understand

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• be there for her when she finally realizes it.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Thank you my friends, now Im the one crying :'(
    SOCS07

Comment by SOCS07 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Tell her that the Only man worth her tears will be the one that never makes her cry.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• You can't. You have taught her the right things, but ultimately, it sounds like she is going to have to learn this and deal with it herself.
    Just be there for her and that's about all you can do
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• If she's sleeping with him, then tell her that she's to tell him "no" for the next six months year. She'll see his worth then. Guys who truly love you stay even if they can't sleep with you.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Maybe you should get her some counseling before she goes away to college, it sounds as though she still needs some help in building her self-esteem issues, I think he sounds like a user, but she is so smitten she can't break herself of him, and cyring over this for 4 years is about 31/2 too long.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Tell her you believe she deserves the best and he could be it. No lie, it's the absolute truth. Then tell her the sure-fire way to know if he really loves her for herself-- no more sex until they are married. Separates the men from the playboys every single time.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2013