Do you have a husband like this?

A neighbor of mine has an amazing husband, I swear. Of course I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but from the outside looking in, he seems like the epitome of what a woman would want in a husband. Just the other day, she posted a picture of him sitting on the couch with a bunch of folded laundry around him and the caption said: "Just got done working (she works from home so she was in her home office), come out in the living room and he folded all the laundry for me!"

And it seems like he's always doing things like that. The way she talks to him irks me a little, it's obvious that she wears the pants in the relationship and she just snaps her finger and he does whatever she asks without complaint. I know I sound jealous- LOL! I am in a way, not of their relationship, but just that they have it so good and I was never smart enough to find a man like that.

But if I did, I would definitely never let him go! You ladies with wonderful hubbies are so lucky! :)

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2013 in Relationships

• My husband will work a 60 hr week,and still comes home in a positive mood
    He has me spoiled. Whatever I ask,he'll do. if I want Subway,he'll run right out and get it for me. He helps me clean on his days off.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• I'm fortunate to say I have an amazing husband like that.. I never snap my fingers though, haha.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• I wouldn't change mine for the world. We've been a team for 30 years now - nobody wears the pants - s/he who sees that something needs done just does it.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 12:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• My husband is amazing. He does so much for me and our kids. But I had to go through an abusive ex before I found him!

Answer by missanc at 12:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• where do you find men like this!?

I want to know that, too! I only seem to find the total losers. It's like there's some kind of neon arrow pointing right at me that only losers can see.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• I met my husband when I went back to school, he was there updating his skills for his current job. We became great friends before anything else which I think is the best basis for a relationship, but when I saw him interacting and playing with my kids (especially my oldest with autism) I started thinking he was the sexiest man on earth!
    ---funny how what turns you on changes when you become a mom!

Answer by missanc at 1:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• women can be controlling too...maybe that's the deal?

my husband has been known to help out here and there-but I don't expect him to do much at home, since he brings in the money (at least the last 4 yrs or so)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• OP- I feel like you. I had an ex husband that was lazy, played video games and all around not a very good person. He wasn't like that when we met. I really thought he was a decent guy, but things quickly changed. I also haven't found a good guy yet. I've given up on the idea for a while. I'm just working on myself right now. I'm becoming anti relationship now. I've been alone for a while. IT sucks but that's life.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Honestly, mine is a treasure. He does laundry (says I do it wrong) and dishes and garbage and cleans up all the time and helps a ton with the kids. My job is cooking, the bathroom and vacuuming. It's fabulous. Yesterday was my 15th wedding anniversary so, so far, so good. : )
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Mine cooks but doesn't clean unless necessary (company). He works full time and likes to play with the kids when he can.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2013