has anyone?

Have any of you taken an early response HPT (one of the ones you can take 5 days before your missed period) more than 5 days prior to missing your period and have it be accurate? like say take it a week before you miss it just because?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Blood tests are more accurate. I found at at 10 days after coneption and 8 days after conceptionl. The thing with HPTs are that every women, and every womens pregnancy are different. I couldget a positive HPT untill I was 3 months preggo with my first, but had one the day of my missed period with baby number two. (yes, I ama freak who like to see the pink line even though I know by blood test I am PG, lol)
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 6:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Just take a damn test after you miss your period!! We aren't doctors hun, we don't know! sorry....
    Anonymous

• ALL women are different and sometimes HPT's are wrong. Your best bet is to wait it out until you miss your period. It is painful, but will save you from wondering this. Might save you on the additional disappointment.
    moosie711

Answer by moosie711 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• just take a test on the day of your period from the dollar store save some money they work just as well
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 7:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I've always had the best luck with Clear Blue easy, the one that says pregnant or not pregnant. And this time it was positive 1 and a half weeks after i conceived!!! (I know this because of an ultrasound I had a few weeks later!) But I cant believe that it was positive that fast!!!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 9:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• The early detection is also due 2 your hormone levels also,i have had that happen with 3 pregnancies.You will most likely get a negative than a positive at that stage so if there is a positive within the allotted time then your preggo.Follow up with your doctor.
    shaye21

Answer by shaye21 at 6:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2009