All day sickness, and what point is too much?

I just recently moved to a new state, so i don't have an official doctor yet and had to get my initial pregnancy test at a planned parenthood to get around the process time for my insurance for a new state. I am 6 weeks and 5 days along.

I've been throwing up all day every day (it wakes me up around 10-10:30am and lasts until i go to bed at night) and before today, i had neglected to keep track of how many times a day i've been sick. its only 12pm, and i've already thrown up five times today. i cant keep much food down, i throw up half of the water i drink, and its gotten so bad that i have to stay in bed with a garbage can next to me because so much as slowly sitting up makes the room spin and makes me sick again. ive gotten preggie pops and they dont help, ive tried gingerale, pretzels, crackers, 7up, and i still get sick no matter what i do. at what point is it considered to be too much? what can i do to fight this? when does it go away? help? for nutrient clarification, ive been taking similac prenatal vitamins. (the ones with the hard pill and soft gel pill containing extra dha and lutien)

EmiryMoon

Asked by EmiryMoon at 2:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You need to go to the doctor NOW. There are things they can prescribe to help with the nausea. You aren't doing yourself or your baby any favors by trying to wait it out. You aren't getting enough nutrients because you are throwing everything up and this can affect the baby. Go to the doctors, hopefully you can reimbursed when you get your insurance.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Are you dehydrated or have you lost weight?
    Sadly,"morning" sickness can last the whole pregnancy
    I feel your pain. I was so sick with my son for 3 months straight
    try your liquids at room temperature,and nibble your food through the day

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• If you haven't crossed the "too much" line, you're definitely flirting with it. Too much is when you aren't getting the nutrients and fluids you need for yourself and your baby. It can be dangerous if you get dehydrated. How long is it thill your insurance kicks in?

Water can be really hard on an empty, sick stomach. Try sucking on ice chips or Popsicles instead. Sometimes a piece of dry toast will settle things, and sometimes bland, creamy kinds of foods seem to help. I was in the sme boat for th first half of my pregnancy, and I was finally put on an anti-reflux medication that I still take five years later. The doctor also told me about an OTC cherry-flavored syrup I could take safely. I wish I could remember the name of it, but I know I found it easily in a grocery store pharmacy.

Good luck, and see a doctor as soon as you possibly can. Keep track of how often and when you get sick, look for patterns.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• i went in one week to get the pg test, and went in the next week for an ultrasound and had lost a pound, but the girl who did the ultrasoundsaid that i look healthy.
    EmiryMoon

Comment by EmiryMoon (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• I would say that this is pretty extreme- and you should really see a doctor
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• i just tried to call on my insurance again and after being on hold for 15 minutes, the call ended without me touching my phone. i will keep trying, cause if i can't get to a doctor soon something tells me that theres a hospital in my not so distant future. i just feel so terrible. i didnt think it would be quite this bad when i found out about the pregnancy.
    EmiryMoon

Comment by EmiryMoon (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• I threw up my entire 4th and 5th pregnancies, went through numerous medications until I found one that worked.
    Keep trying to eat crackers and ginger ale if nothing else. The first thing my dr suggested for morning sickness was Unisom and vitamin B6.

Answer by missanc at 4:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• I agree with missanc ,I tried everything, the only thing that helped me was preggy pops,you can get them at babies r us or toys are us
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 4:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• stay hydrated as much as you can and nibble on crackers. Sometimes an empty stomach makes it worse. Have you tried to eat sour things or sour candy? Sometimes that helps. You might need a prescription for Zofran (which wasn't helpful to me but...).
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• If u are able to keep prenatals down try papaya caps and vitamin b they are extrmemly resourceful when u can't keep anything sown...well that is if u can keep them down...if that don't work talk with ur midwife abouldt zofran. Best of luck I know how jard it is when u feel aweful and miss the days when u could eat a meal before the mere mention of food makes u sick. hope u fine this helpful

And gummy prenatals may help..?
    mamalette15

Answer by mamalette15 at 10:58 PM on Aug. 11, 2013