I just scared a 16yo adult content

my 16yo niece just started her period while she was visiting with us. her older was 16 when she started and so was their mother.

well we started talking about how it hurts and burns when there is a bunch of clots passing. i told her that is what it feels like to give birth. now she never wants to have kids! i had to laugh at her.

any one else have something like that happen to them? my oldest is 11 and hasn't started yet.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I do not understand why people want to turn a normal natural thing into a trauma.
    I had extremely heavy flow for 10 days a month. I started on my 9th birthday. I have no idea I was so different. I think I was around 16 when a friend told me how she suffered with her 3 days. She missed school at least 2 of them. I also found out hers ere nothing in comparison. I have also had huge clots the entire time. It is what it is. It can be uncomfortable and it is certainly inconvenient and it can be embarrassing at times but it is NOT a big deal.
    Do you know the number one reason why women have such painful childbirths? It is not because you are passing a massive being out a much smaller hole. It is because of fear. The high the fear factor, the more likely your are to feel discomfort and jack it up to pain and then when you feel pain to jack it up to unbearable and excruciating. Perception plays big part in it. JMO.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Why did you tell her that? Why would you scare her with something that isn't true?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Hurts and burns? That has never happened to me...
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• your period burns?
    i must be abnormal
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Wow- way to traumatize the poor girl. Nothing wrong with preparing her, & I'm sure her parents appreciate that she's now scared to death to have kids (don't know if that will be a deterrent for sex, but she'll be extra careful!) But I'm betting you dropped from "cool aunt" status to "scary aunt" status! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

•  uterine artery embolization?
    or
    Adenomyosis
    or
    Cyclic vulvovaginitis?

burning is not normal. you may want to have a chat with your Gyno...

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Hurts and Burns and Feels like Child Birth?? I think you guys need to talk to your Gyno, no way should it hurt like that. I would be having a hysterectomy if I "gave birth" every month!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• wow I had one at 10 and I told my family I was dying lol
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 4:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• I guess I must have pretty easy periods. Painful cramps now and then, but nothing like clotsand burning. And I didn't think giving birth was all that bad, although I did miss the worst part when the head actually goes through a hole that's not big enough for a golf ball because the baby got stuck and I had a C-section.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• "Maybe if she's scared of her period, she'll wait on having sex until she's much older or married."

That doesn't even make sense.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2013