Menstrual cycle post miscarriage

Good evening ladies. I suffered a natural miscarriage on June 30 and got my first period approximately one month later. I used to have spotting's a day or two prior to my menstrual cycle's however, this period after my m/c I didn't have my usual spotting and I didn't have any cramping. In your opinion, can a miscarriage actually change your cycles for the better? My doctor thought for sure i would need to get my period induced and get put on birth control to regulate my periods after i lost the baby due to my history with irregular menstruations in the past but she was in fact wrong. Can your body balance out your hormones after miscarrying? Please share your opinions and experiences post miscarriage if you've experienced one. Thank you in advance ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2013 in General Parenting

• I am sure that it can but it seems very unlikely. Then again one period does not mean anything has permanently changed.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• it's been one period since this happened. I would wait at least a couple more before coming to that conclusion
    not saying it didn't change them, but you can't really go by what happend with just one
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2013

• Before I lost three babies in fifteen months, my periods were as regular as a clock. They've never gotten regular again in the two and a half years since my last miscarriage. A miscarriage can definitely change your cycle, but I agree there's no way to know anything after only one round of your monthly visitor.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2013