Where should I buy a new showerhead?

Any tips? I have been pricing them and they are more expensive than I imagined. Any preference on what features I should be looking for?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:17 AM on Aug. 10, 2013 in Shopping

• Depends on how picky you are about what you want. If you really need one, try Habitat Restore. If you are upgrading, I would try Home Depot - I love that store!

Answer by missanc at 12:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• That is a good idea
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• I splurged and got one from Home Depot that has a temperature control. If someone flushes the toilet or turns on the dishwasher, the water in the shower is guaranteed not to rise or drop more than three degrees. It was worth the money to me because the surprise icy blasts from the shower had a way of instantly turning me into Atila the Hun.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:52 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• What do you want out of it? You could purchase a simple one w/ decent pressure for $10 or less just about any hardware store. Or if you are looking for luxury, an affordable kind is about $30 for something called Waterpik's Rain (something or other) that just soothes you while you wash. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rain%20shower%20head&sprefix=rain+shower%2Caps%2C229&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Arain%20shower%20head
    SamDu

Answer by SamDu at 1:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• PS. If you think your current one isn't doing well, try soaking the shower head in vinegar for an hour, then cleaning it with a tooth brush.
    SamDu

Answer by SamDu at 1:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• just go to Lowes or Home depot...or even Walmart has them

depends on what you want- we got a nice one that was like 20 or 25 bucks I think and my daughter got one she's happy with for like 12 or 15
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• We got a detachable one at Wal-Mart for about $22. It is fabulous for bathing little ones.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Shower Massage from Home Depot or Lowes.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:13 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Both of my bathrooms have rain shower heads that I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond. I love them and since they send be 20% off coupons all the time, they were reasonable.  The ones we bought are similar to this: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=18670291  Home Depot also has nice shower heads for good prices.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:36 AM on Aug. 10, 2013

• Also, years ago at our old house, I bought something I think was called The Head (I think it was called that because it made me laugh). It was like 10 bucks and it was a super powerful little shower head, only a few inches. Pretty neat.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:40 AM on Aug. 10, 2013